Various Types Of Chicago Nursing Home Accidents
There are a variety of accidents that can occur in Chicago nursing homes as well as in Illinois nursing homes.
Chicago nursing home accidents can occur for many reasons, and the type of injury that can result varies as well. Of course, these types of accidents can also occur at similar long-term health care facilities, including skilled nursing facilities (SNFs), assisted living facilities, hospices and hospitals.
While some nursing home accidents are preventable, others are not.
Preventable Chicago Nursing Home Accidents
Of particular concern are nursing home accidents that are preventable. While these nursing home accidents can be caused by many different factors, some of the common factors include:
- poor nursing home operating procedures
- poor training of nursing home staff
- poor maintenance of the nursing home facility
- poor maintenance of nursing home equipment
- carelessness on the part of nursing home staff members
- lack of qualified staff at the nursing home
Types Of Nursing Home Accidents
Some common nursing home accidents include the following:
- Nursing home patients who fall and injure themselves
- Nursing home accidents involving mechanical lifts
- Nursing home patients who trip and fall
- Nursing home patients who are burned
- Nursing home patients who have pharmacy or medication mistakes
- Nursing home accidents involving wheelchairs
Injuries Caused By Chicago Nursing Home Accidents
While the types of injuries caused by these Chicago nursing home accidents varies widely and by severity, some common injuries sustained because of nursing home accidents include the following:
- Broken arms
- Broken legs
- Broken hips
- Broken ankles
- Bone fractures
Possible Legal Remedies For Illinois Nursing Home Accidents
Whatever the cause of Illinois nursing home accidents, nursing homes may be held legally liable for the injuries – and in some cases death – that result from these accidents. Each case needs to be considered on its own merits and circumstances, and as such, if someone you care for has been involved in what may appear to be a nursing home accident, you should contact a Chicago nursing home accident lawyer to determine what types of legal remedies may exist.